"I have enjoyed greatly the second blooming...
suddenly you find - at the age of 50, say -

that a whole new life has opened
before you."

-Agatha Christie

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Ocean...




- John F. Kennedy, 1962
I absolutely love the ocean and beach - always have - since a young girl. As a result, my love of seashells developed while I was a young girl as well. My favorite times have always taken place while I have been around the ocean and beach. To me, all of the sights and sounds are so soothing and relaxing. I don’t even care how hot it gets or how hard the sun is beating down on me - I just love it!


I guess that is why it is upsetting me to see what is taking place in the Gulf of Mexico right now with the BP oil spill. I cannot stand to see the ecological damage that is taking place. It breaks my heart. I truly hope that the area will be able to be restored.


I do not want to get political, so that is all I am going to say on this subject!


Here's to my fellow WaterBabes ~ Cheers!!

3 comments:

  1. I can smell the salt air just looking at your picture. I enjoy your writing style. So personable...like you were a friend over meeting for tea. Keep up the excellend work!

    Looking forward to your next...post...

    hugs,
    mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The oil spill not only breaks my heart, it makes me angry as #@%& Hopefully, someday we will all wake up and realize we need to protect our ocean and rivers. I live on the Pacific Ocean and never tire of sitting and watching the waves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am brokenhearted by what is happening.

    ReplyDelete