"I have enjoyed greatly the second blooming...
suddenly you find - at the age of 50, say -

that a whole new life has opened
before you."

-Agatha Christie

Friday, September 24, 2010

A Mermaid In Our Midst...

A couple of years ago around this time of the year, our family went to our favorite North Carolina beach destination ~ Oak Island, NC.


While there, my son let his Aunt, Uncle, and cousins transform him into a mermaid on the beach!  He was such a good sport that day, as we all stood around laughing!  I think he looks stunning if I do say so myself!  He has inherited my love of the ocean and coast and I am thrilled with that!


I have always been intrigued by mermaids.  They have always seemed so beautiful and ethereal to me.  I have often thought that I may be "part mermaid" because of just how much I love the ocean!! 


How many of you out there have a "thing" for mermaids? 

3 comments:

  1. I love when they wear the two shell bathing suit top! And I love when they sparkle.

    Your son is precious and the picture is a classic! He would probably flip if he know you posted it here...tee hee

    love ya.

    *hugs*

    mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure... I don't really know what to make of mermaids. I think it's the half animal half human thing that I'm not quite connecting with.

    Am glad that you discovered Glass Float Junkie. I got a few floats from her, and love them. Sorry, that you missed the giveaway!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is too funny! Of course you probably already know about my love affair with Oak Island. Maybe I'll see you there some day! Carla

    ReplyDelete